Stopping the spread of COVID-19
The Wellness Hub Protocol
To help slow and stop the spread of COVID-19 we are undertaking the following workplace procedures to help protect our therapists and our clients.
Section 1: What we are doing at the clinic.
Section 2: What we are asking of you before and during your appointment
Please read BOTH sections carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
- THE CLINIC:
- Please be assured we are doing everything we can to keep you safe.
- When you come for an appointment you will find that we have robust infection control measures in place in accordance with the guidelines issued by Public Health England and our professional association and regulator. (The Institute of Osteopathy and The General Osteopathic Council.)
- If you present at the clinic with any visible signs of illness your appointment will be cancelled. We reserve the right to ask to check your temperature when you enter the clinic.
- During treatment sessions our clinicians will wear a face mask and a disposable apron. If necessary our clinicians may also wear single use disposable gloves during your treatment. If not hands will be sanitised at every appropriate moment.
- Our treatment couch, pillows and face support will all be covered with single use disposable couch roll over a wipeable surface that is thoroughly sanitised between clients.
- Our clinicians will use disposable paper hand towels after washing their hands. These will also be available in the toilet and at reception for washing hands.
- All disposable items will be disposed of immediately in a clinical waste bin at the end of your treatment session. This includes aprons, gloves, couch roll and paper towels
- All surfaces in the clinic and waiting areas will be wiped down with medical grade disinfectant wipes and sanitising sprays. This includes anything that has been touched such as furniture, clinical supplies, computers, phones and door handles
- The clinical and waiting areas will be deep cleaned at the end of each day
- Within the clinic clear and visible posters will be displayed. These include the following signs: Please Use Hand Sanitiser, Catch It Kill It Bin It and Effective Hand Washing Technique
- Our clinicians will use sanitising hand gel and hand washing at the start and end of your treatment session
- Most soft equipment such as towels, pillow cases, couch covers, face covers have been removed for the present time. Staff uniform and any soft equipment used will be washed daily at 60C
- Windows or doors in the clinic and waiting areas will be opened where possible to increase ventilation
- We will not greet you by shaking hands with you on arrival at the clinic
- If at any point any of our therapists develop any symptoms of illness we will stop working and will self-isolate for a period of 14 days. We will inform all clients who we have treated and will advise them to monitor themselves for symptoms for 14 days and to take their temperature twice a day
- Through our appointments diary we will keep a record of who has attended an appointment. This will help us to trace clients who may have been exposed to COVID-19 should any client develop symptoms following their appointment with us. If anyone does develop symptoms after attending the clinic we will inform all clients who have attended and will advise them to monitor themselves for symptoms for 14 days and to take their temperature twice a day
- WHAT WE ARE ASKING OF YOU:
Preparing for your appointment:
COMING TO CLINIC
- We ask that you bring your own barrier-type face mask. If you can’t, we do have a small stock of disposable masks that you can use.
- Please arrive at your appointed appointment time, minimising the need to wait in reception
- We will do our best to stagger appointments to minimise crossover but if you arrive and there is someone in reception either wait outside or wait by the door at a safe distance. We can safely have a maximum 2 in there at a time, preferably 1.
- Please enter wearing your face mask if you have one, otherwise we will have a small supply of disposable ones.
- On arrival, you will be directed to sanitise your hands first and then you may be asked to take your temperature with the thermometer provided. There is a sink for washing hands and Sanitising hand gel will be situated prominently in the clinic and waiting areas and will be refilled regularly. You will also be asked to use this after you treatment session.
- An Effective Hand Washing Technique poster is situated above this sink to promote correct hand washing technique
- To maintain a sterile environment the therapists will stay in the corridor to the treatment rooms, which is only entered after appropriate hygiene procedures and PPE have been applied.
- Patient should only be accompanied if they are minors or require assistance. If you require help from a friend, relative or carer they will be able to assist you and help you into and out of the clinic. They will then be asked to leave immediately and wait outside or in the car during your treatment session
- Please wear flexible, soft clothing if you can.
- If you need to cough or sneeze please cover your face by bending your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue. Tissues are supplied in prominent places at the clinic and all used tissues must be disposed of immediately into a clinical waste bin
- Please don’t touch any surfaces in the clinic unnecessarily
- Please notify the therapist if you have used or wish to use the toilet facilities so we know to disinfect all surfaces in the toilet.
- Please do not linger in the waiting areas at the end of your appointment
Watch for COVID-19 symptoms and please reschedule if:
- You are experiencing any flu like symptoms (cough, sore throat, tiredness, fever, loss of smell or taste)
- Someone in your household is self-isolating
- Exposed to anyone with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19 in the last 14-21 days
- Worked at or attended a clinic facility treating COVID-19 patients in the last 14-21 days
We thank you for your co-operation in helping to keep both us and you safe in these unprecedented times